- About Me
- Home Gym 3.0.1 - Powerlifting
- Home Gym 3.0.2 - Functional Fitness
- What's in the Bag? 2.0
- Home Gym 1.0
- Home Gym 2.1
- Home Gym 2.2
- Vintage Equipment
- Weight Plates
- Coaching Corner
- Home Gym 3.1.2 - Powerlifting
- Home Gym 3.0.3 - Functional Fitness
- Barbells & Collars
- Home Gym 3.0.4 - Functional Fitness
- Home Gym 3.1.3 - Powerlifting
Eat Real Food, Not Too Much, Mostly Plants
Strong People are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe
Thursday, January 28, 2021
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Tuesday, January 26, 2021
Monday, January 25, 2021
|Barbell||Manufacturer||Shaft Diameter||Center Knurl||Markings|
|Matt Chan||Rogue||28.5 mm||yes (light)||O (36) PL (32)|
|Hybrid Bar||Fringe Sport||28.5 mm||yes (light)||O (36) PL (32)|
|Texas Body Building||Buddy Capps||27 mm||6 inch||26 32 38|
|Elite Weightlifting Bar||Gymway||28 mm||yes||O (36)|
- Chrome: Standard finish, exceptional against rust and corrosion. Recommended for Olympic weightlifting, Powerlifting, and competitive athletes.
- Black Oxide: Glossy black color, better grip, little anti-rust protection, longer shaft life if properly maintained. Recommended for Crossfit and high-intensity workout.
- Manganese Phosphate: Great against rust and corrosion with a matte dark green color. Recommended for Olympic weightlifting, Powerlifting, and general training.
Friday, January 22, 2021
Thursday, January 21, 2021
Wednesday, January 20, 2021
No sane person has a garage gym and a basement gym. Fortunately, I never made a claim to sanity.
The space is 2 horse stall mats (48 square feet), a Raptor Yoke custom cut to 84" tall to fit in the basement, a Cybex bench, EliteFTS squat box and 140# of dedicated plates (2x45 and 2x25). The barbell and change plates are shared with the garage gym.
This is a near ideal powerlifting set up. Due to the ceiling height, overhead movements are not feasible. I could do a variety of functional fitness movements, but would hate to dump a barbell.
The primary consideration is temperature. It is often cold in the garage. Cold is usually tolerable, but this takes away that last excuse.
I also have my stationary bike set up in this space.
Longer term, I would like to buy some change plates and a barbell. It would also be convenient to have a timer. I should at least get a clock down here.