- About Me
- Home Gym 3.0.1 - Powerlifting
- Home Gym 3.0.2 - Functional Fitness
- What's in the Bag? 2.0
- Home Gym 1.0
- Home Gym 2.1
- Home Gym 2.2
- Vintage Equipment
- Weight Plates
- Coaching Corner
- Home Gym 3.1.2 - Powerlifting
- Home Gym 3.0.3 - Functional Fitness
- Barbells & Collars
- Home Gym 3.0.4 - Functional Fitness
- Home Gym 3.1.3 - Powerlifting
Eat Real Food, Not Too Much, Mostly Plants
Strong People are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe
Monday, January 31, 2022
Friday, January 28, 2022
Thursday, January 27, 2022
Wednesday, January 26, 2022
Tuesday, January 25, 2022
50lb pair dumbbells
60lb pair dumbbells
80lb single barbell
Monday, January 24, 2022
Sunday, January 23, 2022
Saturday, January 22, 2022
Thursday, January 20, 2022
Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Tuesday, January 18, 2022
Monday, January 17, 2022
Sunday, January 16, 2022
Friday, January 14, 2022
Thursday, January 13, 2022
Wednesday, January 12, 2022
I seem to have come across a bunch of Ivanko Olympic Plates.
The first image is from Ryan Bennett in Littleton (240 - 45-35-25-10-5) and listed for $300 firm on 1/11/2022. Great price for plates in good condition. $1.25/lb for Premium plates.
The second set of images is from Joey Malagon in Arvada who is selling a Russian Bar and sent pictures of these plates which he says are complete, decades old and 255# (45-35-25-10-5-5-2.5-1.25). Not for sale, but considering offers.
Tuesday, January 11, 2022
- Zuvers (5)
- American Olympian
- York (of multiple eras)
Monday, January 10, 2022
Friday, January 7, 2022
Thursday, January 6, 2022
These things are bad ass and certainly pay homage to Zuver's goal of bigger and better. Do I want a pair? Yes. Would I prefer a pair of Zuver's or Arnold Classic Plates? Of course.
At $270 for the pair plus $50 shipping plus $20 tax, my delivered price is $341.81 or $3.80 per pound.
The nearest equivalent are Rogue Deep Dish plates at $165 plus $60 shipping + $17 tax, my delivered price is $242.57.
The Le Masters are absolutely worth the additional $100. Made in Southern California by a small company that I would like to do business with.
1.95 inch thick versus 1.97 inch thick for the Rogue Plates.
I may have to order a set of these. Worst case scenario, I could sell for minimum $1/pound and more likely $2/pound for a loss between $150 and $250.
I know that I will find interesting and cool workout items this year. I already have $60 earmarked for some standard plates and $140 earmarked for SYQQ collars. This is really not that much more at $340, but I would like to keep the spend under $1000 for the year. The only other item creeping up on the wish list is an "Original" Texas Power Bar at $300. Planned spend is:
Wednesday, January 5, 2022
I have made the mistake of wondering down the Vintage Strength Training rabbit hole. It started innocently enough with a request to join the Vintage York Barbell Owners Page. Then I started researching the threads and finding a plethora of information. That plethora of vintage brands and collectibles got me searching Facebook Marketplace which alerted me to Ironman Barbell plates in my area. My zeal to support the online forum, led to my getting scooped on the plates, but now I am looking to join Vintage Weightlifting Swap.
Tuesday, January 4, 2022
I wish I had a need for Farmer's Carry Handles because these things look awesome. The welding looks clean and I could load them up with my Hi Temp bumpers and take them for a walk. Being offered by Alec Segal in Littleton for $75 (via Facebook Marketplace, listed 1/3/2022)
Monday, January 3, 2022
Saturday, January 1, 2022
- Take a picture of yourself
- Drink one gallon of water
- Stick to a diet
- Perform 2 x 45 minute workouts
- Read 10 pages of non-fiction
- Consume no cheat meals or alcohol
- Picture - In the morning, while waiting for the shower to warm up
- Drink one gallon of water - Fill up my Nalgene and keep it handy
- Diet - No snacking between meals.
- Two 45 minute workouts - I think that should be OK, but the challenge for me, will be one outside. Ratna and I have talked about walking and I can do that. I need to keep my boots, coat, glove and hat handy. There is no bad weather, only bad clothing.
- Read 10 pages of non-fiction - I need to have a book handy. I am not sure what, but I want it to be professionally oriented. Although, I do have side goals with coin books and religious books.
- No cheat meals or alcohol - Not sure what to do with this one. I want to avoid rabbit holes, and alternatively may cap my screen time in the evening with a two hour timer?