I recently purchased a pair of 30# York roundheads, which meant that my rubber coated Rep Fitness dumbbells were available for sale. I owned them about 7 months and maybe used them once. I made a slight profit, but it is obviously more about right sizing.
With the purchase of the Iron Grips, I also listed another 205 pounds of plates for $285. The Champion plates sold quickly. The Rep Fitness change plates took a little longer. The unbranded Ivanko and DP plates just sold on 7/26/2022 at the same price I paid.
Overall spend for 2022 is still off the charts. Mostly because more cool stuff is available.
- January - $395 - Ab Bench ($150), Weight Tree ($100), plates, pro style dumbbells ($120), mutt bar ($50)
- February - $465 - Plyo boxes ($320), plates, Crossover Symmetry, wall ball, DB rack ($40)
- March - $20 - Fractional plates
- April - $295 - Iron Grip dumbbells ($275), plates
- May - $28 - Wall mounted plate holders
- June - $380 - Rogue Squat Stand ($200), Deadlift bar ($150), Weight storage
- July - $507 - Farmer's Carry Handles ($130), Slam Ball, Quicklee Collars ($130), Iron Grip Plates ($330), Calibrated Plates ($100)
Total - $2,090 (+ $1,230 vintage = $3,320)
I still want to get a set of DC Blocks ($300 in the secondary market).
Definitely starting to feel like an expensive hobby.