Course Map is available!
I am doing the 5K course which includes:
- Pitfall - The only place you'll find hole-y water on the course
- Creek Crusade - River crossing?
- Berlin Walls - Discontent with the 80's hogging all the fun, we created these behemoth 8' walls as an ode to freedom
- Lumberjacked - Give your sore legs a break and beat up your sternum as you vault over these insidious hurdles
- Trench Warfare - Dark, confined spaces are back in full force. This 50' long crawl will bring out the claustrophobia in any Mudder. Don't trip on the grenade inside and everything will be just fine.
- Skidmarked - These 8' walls have a bit of a hangover - and now it's your problem to deal with
- Widow's Peak - You'll be wishing you had four extra limbs when you face this web of tightropes suspended over a water pit. Grab on wherever you can and hold on tight as the movement of your fellow Mudders cause you to shake rattle and roll.
- Arctic Enema - Take a dunk in this 34 degree ice pit.
- Mud Mile - A puddle of mud is an inconvenience. A series of 10' deep, rolling mud mountains is a privilege
- Pyramid Scheme - Try being both a top and a bottom as you harness the power of human engineering to climb over this slick 15' wall
- Block Ness Monster - Flip your friends off - and have them thank you for it. Rotating a set of 500lb blocks takes a village
- Mudderhorn - Forty feet up, forty feet down, with nothing but a net
- Electroshock Therapy - All the muscles in the world won't soften the blow of 10,000 volts
Not sure what I am excited or not excited for, but they all seem reasonable with the exception of Arctic Enema and Electroshock Therapy. I will ply those by ear. Pitfall starts off dirty and then things are normal obstacles until Trench Warfare (fear based). After that some more normal obstacles before Arctic Enema (I know the shock of 58 degree water and have no desire to try 34 degree water). Mud mile will be mess and then some team based obstacles with Pyramid Scheme and Block Ness Monster. My final obstacle will probably be Mudderhorn as I will likely skip Electroshock Therapy (10,000 volts is fine for the 20 year old kids, but my heart does not need that pain/shock).
My callus tear should be a non issue as the grip obstacles are on the 10K and 15K course.